Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Finding Strength through Christ


This week has been crazy town, man oh man. Life is good and God is good...but MAN, times are a changin'! I'm officially hanging ten with a new companion, taking over areas and such- stressFUL, man oh man! Luckily, Sister Ramirez is the coolest cat around and Grand Forks isn't falling to ruin under my sub par leadership...yet, haha.  I'm pleased to report that, although life isn't quite as beautiful and content as it was but a week ago, we're still teaching the masses and experiencing miracles. It truly has been a week of miracles! I was journaling away last night, like I do, and I realized in full how amazing this week has been- somehow, with a random trip to Bismarck, a new companion, oodles of dropped investigators and lessons, we managed to crank out twenty beautiful lessons. We can do all things through Christ, I'm learning all over again...even take over the greatest area in the mission and embrace the ensuing winter. God is good! The Atonement is real!!  It's funny how getting a new comp reminds you all over again of your own weakness, and allows you to rely once more on the goodness and grace of Christ. 

And also, on an unrelated note...it's practically winter here these days, AHHHHH!!  No snow to report yet, but frost all around and SO MUCH wind. This winter is going to be such a party, haha! I'm trying my best to prepare mentally, to wear skirts that don't flash the masses- I'm learning from my mistakes, lol. I'll keep you updated as the winter descends- it's coming, they say!

But anyway, haha, this week has been so crazy and so good. We kicked it all off with the usual p-day shenanigans, complete with watching "The Saratov Approach" with our beloved Orozcos and finding out officially about transfer times- so crazy!! The craziest bit of it all is that Sis. Ramirez is actually the Orozcos' niece...haha. It's made from some awkward interactions and weirdness, but overall pretty crazy. I think that's just the word of this week- CRAZZZZY!! 

On Monday night, we taught AJ at Henry's and broke the transfer news to all our besties- ahhh, it was such a tender moment. Sister Tucker was immediately embraced by this apartment full unto bursting with African men, and we took a big ol' group picture to commemorate it all- such a lovely time. Love them!  We also taught Cheska on Monday, and we chatted about the Holy Ghost and receiving personal revelation- it was SO good! Cheska is the best!! Her heart was softened so much through Conference, and I think she's closer than ever to receiving an answer...AHHH, the best people in the world live in Grand Forks!! 
our sweet Africans!

On Tuesday, we taught AJ again in the morn about baptism- and he committed to pray about a date, yahooooo!!! He's so solid, man oh man. Love that guy! We spent a good chunk of our day prepping up for Sister Tucker's departure by saying goodbye to the masses and packing away...crazy times! We taught Rodeen in the afternoon times as well, all about baptism and life- AHHH, I love that lady! We taught her again on Friday, and decided as a team to work towards Oct. 29 as her baptism date- I am so jazzzzzzed!! She admitted that, after seeing Henry's baptism, she went out and bought white undies- she's the greatest!! We even went over the interview questions with her and she just about died over the Law of Chastity question...man oh man, Rodeen is just my fave. Love her!! 

We ate dinner with the beloved Orozcos on Tuesday night, one last supper together at B-dubs-- it was the best. I love them so much! They gave Sis. Tucker and I matching bangles and packed lunches for our road trip to Bismarck- AHHHH, greatest people I know! 
I adore the Orozcos!! :)

So, on Wednesday, with packed lunches in hand and oodles of luggage, we headed to Bismarck for the training meeting- such a party! We got permission to stop in Fargo on the way there and see my fave, Sister Lien- it was the greatest!! I love her so much! I thought for sure she was flip out when she saw me, but she knew all along I was coming- she is too close to the Spirit, haha! She's the greatest!! 

hehe! 

I hung ten with Sis. Ramirez, Sis. Baadsgaard, and Sis. Steiner once in Bismarck, and Sis. Steiner lugged us around to all the people she taught while serving in Bismarck...it was the best! We met an adorable recent convert couple who shared with us the story of their conversion and how real the adversary is- and they gave us each a pair of handmade earrings, yahooooooo!! I was a pretty happy camper, haha. The best! 

We got to crash the tailend of the training meeting, all us rogue comps, and see who was training who- it was such a fun time. I was getting slapped in the face left and right over how old I actually am- AHHHHH!! It's gross, really. We spent the night in the mission home and headed off after studies and meetings back to home base- such a crazy adventure! 
I adore Sister Tucker- Imma miss her!! 

Sister Ramirez and I chatted the whole way back to Grand Forks (the promised land) and took a requisite picture stop at the world's largest buffalo- such a lovely time! Sister Ramirez is quickly becoming a fave- she's just the coolest! She's chill and hilarious and is exactly the companion I need- I feel really lucky to be with her. She's the bomb! 

(no caption even needed :))

Once back to Grand Forks, we first thing taught Linda- the besttttt!! We read Enos with her, taught pray often and study the scriptures, and committed her to come to church on Sunday- and she totally came, YAHOOOOOOO!!!! AHHHH, Linda is the BEST! She is just so prepared for the gospel, so ready to change her life...we even chatted for a minute about baptism, and she told us that she's been praying about it a lot and feels like God is leading her to this church. She told us that she knows God put us in her life, and I told her about how I knew we needed to talk with her that day we met her...man oh man, I am just so grateful for the Spirit and so grateful that Heavenly Father trusts us enough to teach amazing people like Linda. She even brought us homemade zucchini bread when she came to church- she's the greatest!! 

On Friday, we had district meeting in the morn and taught Henry right after- love him!! We were supposed to teach AJ but Henry was home instead...so, we read the Book of Mormon with him and scheduled a return appointment for later that night, haha.  Henry is my favorite! That man is so completely converted and I love him so much- he makes me so happy! He told us as we chatted that the cold isn't strong yet...ahhh, he's the cutest!! Love him!

We taught Rodeen after that and then proceeded to weekly plan before dinner- which we ate with Dale and Kara, yahooooo!! Such a party! I love them so much!! Dale made shephard's pie and Kara made peanut butter brownies and it was just the loveliest time. Dale is the best!! 

We taught Joe in the evening times, and Audrey came along- love that man! We watched some Conference with him and were disappointed as a team in Rollie's failure to show...but we rescheduled for Saturday and he totes came, hallelujah. 

We finished up our Friday by teaching Henry about the temple and setting Nov. 5 as his temple date- so exciting!! He's the best!! Safee was all chilling on the couch during the whole lesson, so we summoned him to the temple afterwards and set some expectations...and he set Dec. 10 as his baptism date, YAHOOOOOOO!!!!  It was so sweet!! Ahhh, I love those Africans. The best!! 

And then, it was Saturday. We kicked off the day with an early morning service project out on base and then studied away afterwards- crazy time!! After studies and lunch, we headed to the church for a baptism and ward coorelation...and then we taught Travis with Audrey, yahoooooooooooo!!!  Ahh, I love that Travis. He's just as much of a hoodlum as ever, but I can't help but adore him. He wants to change so bad! We retaught him the Restoration and committed him to pray and read and come to church...and he said he would. He bailed last minute on church, but I still have great faith in that troubled youth...I'll keep ya updated, don't worry. 

We taught Safee the Restoration after that, the dream, and Ebenezer just happened to be there- tender merices!! Safee was so focused, more than I've ever seen him, and he committed to come to church...and he totally did!! Yahoooooooo!!!! I love that man, goodness gracious. He's the best! 

And then, we taught Rollie. Love him!! He brought pizza and we chatted about the Plan of Salvation- the best. He asked oodles of good questions and testified left and right...man oh man, he's so prepared. Love that Rollie!! 

On Sunday, we saw Almaz in the morn...ahhh, she's the best! She softly dropped us, and let us know that she won't be reading our Book anymore- tragic but expected. We scheduled an appointment with Teddy for Saturday, and I'm nervous that our dear and beloved Ethiopian friends are headed outta our lives- but I remain hopeful. It'll all work out! 

We finished up weekly planning before church and taught Gabriel- AHHHH, love him!! He's the best, man oh man. And THEN, it was time for church- and the masses came!! It was glorious!! We sat by Rodeen and Linda (who immediately became besties and sang the hymns together- pretty much the most tender moment of all my days!!), Henry and his friend Aloysai sat behind us, Harry sat by Gabriel...AND, right as the meeting was about to start, Ebenezer, Safee, and Safee's sister strutted in- THE BESSSSST!!!! My heart was full unto bursting, and THENNNNN, Henry got ordained and I practically melted. Best Sunday EVERRRRR!!!! We ate dinner with our beloved Orozcos and taught AJ and saw Pat and AHHHH, it was just the perfect day. Sundays as a missionary are the best!! 

Welp, that was my week! It's been crazy and magical and generally miraculous- God is good and the Atonement is real! I am so grateful for each of you, for all you do...thank you for being the greatest. I adore you!! 

Have the greatest week ever, my friends!

Love, 
Sister Robinson 




































No comments:

Post a Comment