Monday, June 27, 2016

And it came to pass that the Sisters of Fargo experienced a fullness of joy, unto the bursting forth of both their stomachs and their souls...


Hey-oh, my dear family and friends!! It has been the greatest week of all the great weeks- life is just so good!! So much loveliness all around!! If the subject didn't give it away, it's been beautiful...and we've perfected the art of Book of Mormon speech, haha! There'll be an excerpt from the plates of Robinson as this email progresses on, don't worry, but our language has truly never been more dignified. Huzzah for Israel!!

Although we're still going to do some daily report, because I get too excited and just want to tell you everything, we're going to kick off this most delightful email with some weekly highlights- SUCH a good weeeeeek!!!

1. Sis. Dresser did our hair. I have highlights and layers and I'M STILL FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT BUT IT'S COOL Every once in a while a find an uber blonde streak and my life feels a little hopeless, but then I go for the bun and all is made right again. It's a tad stressful, haha. I think I like it? I'll attach pictures and you can help me decide.
2. SISTER LIEN IS PRAYING OOOOOOFFICIALLY ABOUT A BAPTISM DATE AND AHHHHHH, my joy is so full concerning the salvation of her soul. We'll discuss more, don't even worry.
3. The members in Fargo are lit'really the greatest people on the planet. Sis. Clark and I have been planning more effectively and working more closely with the members in this beautiful work, and we have seen SO MANY miracles. It's been blissful!! One noteable miracle was our Saturday night lesson with the Lester clan and our dear Bro. Daudier- AHHH, it was absolute perfection. Heavenly Father is so good to us!!
4. We returned to the beloved food pantry and AHHH, it remains the greatest place on earth.
5. SISTER WHITE IS PROGRESSSSSSSING!!!! More on that later!!
6. SISTER JULIANA IS PROGRESSSSSSING!!!!! We helped her download Gospel Library and she's been listening like a mad woman ever since- AHHHH, such bliss!!
7. SISTER BROBERG RETURNED TO FARGO WITH THE WHOLE ADORABLE BROBERG CLAN AND WE ALL WENT TO LUNCH WITH BRO. CLAYPOOL AT OLIVE GARDEN AND IT WAS A TRULY MAGICAL TIME. I ADORE THAT COMP OF MINNNNNNE!!!!
8. We may have snuck into Costco and bought ourselves some chicken bakes following a crazy random Saturday flash flood. #noregrets
9. Sis. Billings is the DREAM WOMAN. Not really a highlight, just a gospel truth...but it still deserves a spot on this most beautiful list. GOOOODNESS, I adore her!!
10. Sundays full of more food than I can even consume and the creation of the plates of Robinson and Clark to make an account of the dealings of the people of Fargo and the servants of the Lord in the land of Fargo, in the eighth year of the reign of Obama.

Yup, it's been the greatest. Best week of all the weeks!! Such a good week, in fact, that I've found myself pondering in great detail the dealings of the people of the land of Beulah and the servants of the Lord in that portion of the vineyard (ha, we're also trying to be more dignified, lol) and how truly blessed I am to be a missionary in the great land of North Dakota. I am truly in Zion, man oh man!!! My love for North Dakota is reaching unparalleled heights- this is truly the greatest place on earth.  I can't believe that a year ago, I didn't understand why God would send me to the uber lame North Dakota...and now I honestly can't imagine myself without this perfect place allowing me to become the person I needed to be. As I sit here in this gorgeous Fargo library, wearing my beloved Faye sweater and rocking my North Dakota earrings, my heart is full to bursting- I am the luckiest missionary in all the world!! North Dakota is my place!  

Oh man, I am just so happy these days. Fargo is the best! Missionary work is the best! The Atonement is real! Thank goodness for missions that allow you to rely absolutely on the Savior, and that allow you to become completely converted to this incredible gospel. The church is true, my friends!!

Okay, getting all kinds of excited, haha. Let me tell you about our beautiful week, now that I've chatted away for a considerable chunk of time! We kicked it off with a perfect pday, full of shopping and emailing and getting our hair did with Sis. Dresser- such a party! We let her kind of go crazy, and just follow her heart...and it was so fun. I love Sis. Dresser so much!! I've missed that beautiful woman lately! We chatted about the gospel through it all, trying all the while not to stress too consistently about my dear hair...but it was the greatest. 

Gettin' our hair did!
The glorious end result. :)

We actually finished up our pday by going to a Bible study with our dear Sis. Dresser, pure bliss, and helping Juliana download Gospel Library- and she straight up clapped for joy, man oh man!!!  It was one of the happiest moments of my whole mission, and she's been listening away to the Book of Mormon everyday!! YAHOOOOOO!!!!! Goodness, such a tender mercy. We saw her again yesterday, ate some fufu, and watched Pres. Monson's conference talk...to which she again clapped with joy and told us that she knows he's a prophet of God- JULIANA IS ACTUALLY PROGRESSING, AHHHHHH!!!!

On Tuesday, we had a beautiful lesson with our dear Sis. Lien in the Disher's home- perfection!!! We chatted about the Plan of Salvation and some of her concerns, and landed a return appointment for Thursday...and on Thursday, we had an ABSOLUTLEY GORGEOUS LESSON, AHHHHH!!!!  She told us that she knows she needs to be baptized, and that she wants to be baptized as soon as she can be...AHHHHH!!! We committed her to pray about July 2nd and July 7th as dates, and she is just so ready. I'm determined to see that dear friend of ours baptized!! It's coming!!!!!

We also visited the adorable Sis. Moore on Tuesday, such a blissful time, and she committed to meet with the Bishop and go to the temple- AHHH!! It's going to be sweeeeeet!!

We saw the gorgeous Sis. White and Sis. Richards, and (as previously mentioned), SISTER WHITE IS ACTUALLY PROGRESSING, AHHHH!!!!  We left them with Plan of Salvation pamphlets to read last time, and Sis. White read it all and actually taught us about the Plan of Salvation- it was such a beautiful sight! I could've wept!! She also asked oodles of super profound questions, and we were able to resolve some of her concerns...such a great lesson. Shoutout to Sis. White for being such a rockstar...and for progressing like a boss, hollah!!! She's the greatest!

Wednesday also brought us to the home of our super chill new investigator, Sis. Lucia Dossen- such a tender mercy!! We were going through the ward list and trying to meet all the members we don't know yet in our area...and Sis. Dossen is the daughter of one of our less actives! We taught her the Restoration and landed a return appointment and marveled all the while at the goodness of missions and the craziness of what we do everyday- it's the greatest thing!! So many amazing experiences!!

We returned to the food pantry on Thursday, which was absolutely gorgeous...but it did set us back weekly planning wise, haha. We've been desperately catching back up and finally did last night...stress-FUL!! Goodness, I love the food pantry. Greatest place in the world.

We also taught Sis. Lien on Thursday, such a beautiful time, and ate broccoli and quinoa casserole with the too cute Adams- it was a heavenly evening.  

Friday was gorgeous, mostly because we kicked off the day by lunch dating with the adorable Brobergs- BEST FRIDAY EVEEEEER!!! It was so fun to laugh and chat with my dear Sis. Broberg, and to meet her whole fam, and to hang with Bro. Claypool, and AHHH, it was just magical all around. I love Sis. Broberg so much!! She is the greatest person around! 
The best!

We also district meeting'd away on Friday and visited some of our dear friends- like the Cudney clan, yahoo!! We finally did the First Vision with their sweet family, and Sis. Cudney just looked so happy...she knows this is true!!!

And then it was Saturday! We saw Sis. Koon and Sis. Billings and Sis. Bighetty and drove through a literal river following a crazy flash flood to get home...it was a crazy day!! We ended it all by teaching Bro. Daudier with the Lester family- greatest lesson OF ALL TIMMMMME!!!! It was so good that my mind was caught in a Kevin Kady reverie, and I read for a season old journal entries regarding my dear investigator of eons ago...such a good lesson. The Lesters testified like pros and Bro. Daudier absolutely fell in love with them- it was perfection. We're going to teach him next week in their home and AHHHHH, I can't even wait!!! It's going to be beautiful!!!!

Sunday was SUCH a beautiful day, man oh man. Church was perfection, with gorgeous talks on fathers and Relief Society lessons on true greatness- pure bliss!! We cataloged the events of our Sunday in the newly written plates of Robinson and Clark, and they read, "In the eighth year of the reign of Obama, the Sisters of Fargo were much fatigued for want of food. For behold, it being the Sabbath, their provisions did wax low, and they did pray with much faith that the Lord would provide for them subsistence. And it came to pass that the Lord did hear their cries, and did answer their prayers, insomuch that their fellow sisters in the Lord did call upon them and did feed them until they did not want for food in the least; yea behold, their bellies were full unto bursting, and they durst not eat for fear of death. And thus, the Sisters of Fargo did come to know of their infinite goodness of the Lord their God, and did no longer fear, for their Lord gave unto them food enough to never want again. And thus it is written."

Some Juliana food from our Sabbath feast. Man oh man.

Basically, we ate obscene amounts of food and life was pretty blissful. We even had more fufu! I thought I might be sick, but the Lord, in his infinite goodness, did not allow sickness to enter my breast, and did protect me in my hour of tribulation.

Such a delightful Sabbath, haha!!

And also, while on this epic adventure of eating all the food and marveling at the goodness of the Lord, the super sweet Sis. Feilzer (our second dinner, man oh man!) gave us a glorious magazine with North Dakota native Josh Duhmael's face on it...ah, it's pure bliss to behold. The Lord is so good to us!

hehe!

Oh man, such a great week. The greatest week!! It's been amazing, and this coming week is going to be even better- hallelujah for missions! And for North Dakota!!

I love you all so much- thank you for all you do!! You are the best. Have the most beautiful week!!

Love,
Sister Robinson
































No comments:

Post a Comment